Thursday, March 24, 2016

Flower pot makeovers

I have an abundance of terra cotta flower pots that I've collected over the years.   I seem to gravitate towards them like moths to a flame.  It seems I can't have too many clay pots.   I like to change the look of them to add some interest.  


Over the years, I've spray painted countless numbers of less than perfect pots from yard sales.  On others I slapped on joint compound for more dimension.  Today I experimented with simple brown paper bags.

I started out with this painted pot.






I tore large pieces of a lunch sized brown paper bag and glued down with modge podge.  When dry, I pressed down with some rubber stamps.   And rubbed a stamp pad here and there over the creases.   Easy peasy.






Since this next pot was narrow, I  slipped it into the bag and folded down the edges.










I rubbed a little modge podge in the center and pressed a torn book page.  Then wrapped around a thin cotton strip it and finished with a fabric flower.











Or sometimes a pretty gift bag makes a nice container.   I glued a floral foam block to the bottom of the inside of the bag to hold the flowers upright.





I love decorating with flowers.  



No comments: